Thursday, March 31, 2011

Moving On #139

John 14:1 On the contrary, [I am going away] so that the world may know that I love the Father. Just as the Father commanded Me, so I do. "Get up; let's leave this place. (HCS) Where do we go from here? Ever been between the proverbial rock and a hard place? The disciples had just spent some lengthy time listening to Jesus give them His last minute instructions as He prepared them for His death. He comforted them with the hope of eternal live. John 1:1, "Do not let your heart be troubled; you believe in God, believe also in me." (NAS) He told them, "I am The way, the truth and the life." John 14:6 (NAS). He gave hope that they would not be left alone, but that He would send another comforter, the Holy Spirit to be with them. He also promised a peace that passes understanding that would come within them through the presence of God's Spirit.


After finishing his discourse He announces in John 14:31, "Arise, let us be going from here" or "Get up let's leave this place." His mission at that time and place had been accomplished. He is not preparing for His arrest and ultimately His crucifixion.


Is there a time in your life that you need to move on? Sure there is. Often our mission is accomplished and we continue to drag on. In chapter 15, Jesus continues teaching, but with a new purpose. His betrayer is awaiting the opportunity to turn Him over to the Roman soldiers and be led to His death. Jesus' response instead of running away is, "Arise, let us go from here." He has a new mission, a new purpose, a new direction, and wastes no time in moving on.


After praying with His disciples and by Himself the reason for 'moving on from here' became apparent. Judas had led the Roman cohort to Jesus. With weapons drawn they entered the Garden of Gethsemane and dragged Jesus away. His reason for moving on was accomplished. It was not the time for more teaching or instructions. It was time for action. Have you considered today may be a day for action. Today may be your time to move on. That which is ahead is God's direction for you and He is waiting for your obedience. In Jesus' own words in John 14:21, "But so that the world may know that I love the Father, I do exactly as the Father commanded Me. So let's move on." Is God asking you to move on today. Why not listen and follow His instructions?

____________________Today's personal note from Dennis


Greetings from Starbucks,


Hope and pray all is well with you and your loved ones. I am so grateful that we have a God of love, compassion , holiness, joy, and joy.

Sandy and I are doing well. I continue to stand amazed at the wonderful health I am experiencing. I remember about a year and one half ago when I was impressed with the verse in Psalms 118:7, "I shall not die, but live and tell what the Lord has done." Almost daily I have an opportunity to tell someone of God's love and His grace to me. It is my prayer that He will always receive the glory.

Our little Johnny continues to do well. He is still on oxygen, which the doctors say is normal. He is eating more and more, although he is being fed through a tube. We are praying that He will soon be able to breathe without the oxygen and that he will be able to nurse. Thanks again for your prayers for Johnny.

I am sending pictures of all four grandsons, Bennett, Burke, Collin and Johnny with this encourager. They are a real blessing to me.

Continue to pray for me and Sandy to have opportunities for ministry. We especially are asking for the opportunity to teach God's word. I love and appreciate all of you. May God bless you today with spiritual insight. What a joy it is to see things from God's perspective. ~ DGW

No comments:

Post a Comment