Tuesday, March 8, 2011

'On Guard' #136

2 Timothy 1:7-14
7 For God has not given us a spirit of fear and timidity, but of power, love, and self-discipline.
8 So you must never be ashamed to tell others about our Lord. And don't be ashamed of me, either, even though I'm in prison for Christ. With the strength God gives you, be ready to suffer with me for the proclamation of the Good News.
9 It is God who saved us and chose us to live a holy life. He did this not because we deserved it, but because that was his plan long before the world began - to show his love and kindness to us through Christ Jesus.
10 And now he has made all of this plain to us by the coming of Christ Jesus, our Savior, who broke the power of death and showed us the way to everlasting life through the Good News.
11 And God chose me to be a preacher, an apostle, and a teacher of this Good News.
12 And that is why I am suffering here in prison. But I am not ashamed of it, for I know the one in whom I trust, and I am sure that he is able to guard what I have entrusted to him until the day of his return.
13 What you heard from me, keep as the pattern of sound teaching, with faith and love in Christ Jesus.
14 Guard the good deposit that was entrusted to you--guard it with the help of the Holy Spirit who lives in us. (NLT)

'Standing Alone' is more than just words or a slogan; it is where many of you find yourself. You may be the only Christian in your family, neighborhood, or work. That could mean that in order for you to walk with God takes real courage and strength. The Bible gives to you some wonderful words of encouragement. You need not be ashamed of the gospel, who you are, or in whom you believe. You also have been given from God's Holy Spirit who lives within you a Spirit of power, love, and self-discipline. For that reason you need never be ashamed of speaking of Jesus. The Apostle Paul found himself in jail as a result of the testimony of his hope in Christ, but also found the strength God gives to endure the suffering. He realized his reason for being in jail was his faith. You may not face jail; but instead ridicule, rejection, lack of respect, and persecution.

The word of encouragement from the Bible is simply to guard what God has given to you. He has given you salvation and guards your eternal life. You entrusted your eternity to Him and He will protect and guard you until the end. Guard what was given to you.

_________________Today's personal note from Dennis

Greetings from beautiful Arizona,

This week has been an emotional roller coaster. On Tuesday we received a phone call from our daughter, Mandy, that she was in early labor. She was only 29 weeks and 3 days into her pregnancy. the doctors tried everything to stop the contractions, but to no avail. At 11:45PM Tuesday night John Joseph Koleszar IV was born. Currently he is in the NICU and is doing well for being born so early. The doctors say he will likely be in the hospital for two months. We praise God that he is with us and is doing well.

Sandy and I got home at 1:30AM and then back up in order to get me to the hospital by 6:30AM to have my liver tube removed. It has been removed with a wire left in place. I am still not on top of it yet. Between anesthesia, antibiotics and pain meds I am still in a bit of a stupor. The pain has lessened. I will go back and have the wire removed after two weeks if all goes well.

Pray for Mandy, John, and Baby John. I would also appreciate your prayers that the wire can be removed in two weeks. Pray for no infection and no jaundice.

It is so good to hear from all of you from time to time. You are a blessing. I appreciate your prayers so much. One of my doctors recently told me, "Dennis, there is no medical reason for you to be alive. It is only the result of prayers" PTL

I do hope you have a wonderful day. I am sorry this is late, but I think you know why. May you experience God's love in abundance today. ~ DGW


No comments:

Post a Comment