Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Old to New #204

Galatians 2:20

“I have been crucified with Christ; and it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me, and delivered Himself up for me. (NAS)

Which ‘I’ is good and which ‘I’ is not. The Bible speaks in terms of an ‘I’ needful of crucifixion, and thus death, and another ‘I’ that is the one we live in victory in Christ. 

The Bible explains that the sinful nature; the selfish ‘I’ needs to be dealt a deathblow. That happened when Jesus died on the cross and the old ‘I’ died with Him. That is what is meant by “I have been crucified with Christ.” The sin nature, the old ‘I’ was crucified when Christ was crucified.

Romans 6:6 knowing this, that our old self was crucified with Him, in order that our body of sin might be done away with, so that we would no longer be slaves to sin; (NAS)
Romans 5:8 But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.” (NAS)

The new person is the "not I but Christ". That ‘I’ The Bible sees as a new creation made in the image of Christ, indwelt by the Holy Spirit and alive to God.  So the Bible says there is a good ‘I’ and a bad ‘I’.

But thanks to God the bad one was crucified and the new one lives by faith. The new person is made possible because Jesus not only died for the old person but also was raised from the dead and delivered that old ‘I’ from sin and death. Victory is in Christ. Purpose in life is found only in Him.

The new life you live is by faith in the Son of God, Jesus Christ. The new life is really His Life lived in and through you. His victory in life is your victory because it is His life. Praise the Lord today for the death and life of Christ that brings death to your old ‘I’ and life to your new ‘I’.

_______________Today's personal note from Dennis                                 


Greetings from Starbucks in beautiful Tempe, AZ


Hope you are having a wonderful summer. My contacts with people all over the USA tell me it is HOT EVERYWHERE. Welcome to AZ weather. Summer is always hot here. Learn to enjoy the swimming pool, the lake or a cool shower.
Drinking hot Starbucks will also cool you off. 

Sunday was another day of blessings from God. I was able to preach three morning services and then take a good afternoon nap. Preaching does take its toll on your body as well as your mind. Needless to say I am tired.

Could be the tiredness was more a result of Friday night's time at the Water Park with Collin and Burke. We road on all the water rides; including riding down long narrow tubes into a big hole of water. That one about got me. We all three
had a great time. I took my phone on the first two rides. Needless to say the phone no longer works. The sad part is that I lost several hundred phone 
numbers. If you would help me I would appreciate it. PLEASE SEND ME YOUR PHONE NUMBER. I will add you back into my new phone. Thanks.

I saw my oncologist on Monday. He gave me a good report. My lab work shows normal levels in everything except Chromogranin A and Serotonin. Both are elevated which is just a reminder that the cancer is still present. The CT scan shows a small carcinoid tumor that has grown only slightly in the past four months.

Even though I am having some symptoms of the cancer it is not severe. Praise the Lord for that. It is considered stable. I will be checked again in four months. Thanks for your prayers concerning my oncologist. With a couple of changes in the insurance network I will be able to remain with all my current doctors. Again Praise the Lord. I told the doctor about the insurance problem and he told me jokingly that he could just see me for free. He then said if I prayed for him, he might just do that. He knows that God and lots of prayers are the reason I am alive today. 

The men's Bible study I attend on Friday mornings will be absent our normal teacher. I will be teaching in his place at Grace Community Church at 6:30 AM. The group of men I meet with are wonderful. Of course we leave the Bible study and come straight to Starbucks. 

I will not be preaching the next two Sundays. Glad to have a break. One of those weeks Sandy and I will be in San Diego. I will be preaching again at First Baptist Church in Tempe all three morning services on the 15th and 22nd of 
July. Pray for preparation and for the preaching time. 

Mandy brought Johnny to church on Sunday. She and Sandy sat at the rear of the auditorium. Johnny saw me at the pulpit and let out a loud yell. Of course I was about to bust buttons as I realized he recognized me. Thank you for your
prayers for Mandy's pregnancy. Things are going well. 

I was once told as you get older you look back at the past as "the good old days." I must be getting older. Take a look at the photo. Thirty years ago this is what our family reflected in the camera lens. 

How do you thank God enough for all His mercy and grace? How can you ever cease to realize that He is your very life? As I read of God's mercy and grace to all, I am overwhelmed. Although life has many ups and 
downs we can all rest assured that their is a God who cares about us all, who knows our every need, and is always there for us. Praise Him today for His ever present love, mercy and grace.

God bless you. May this week bring new joy to you and those your love. ~ DGW


No comments:

Post a Comment