Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Principles for Life #198

Psalms 103:7
"Moses knew the ways of God. Israel only knew the works of God." (NLT)
Isaiah 55:8
"For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, declares the Lord." (NAS)

God obviously has far loftier thoughts than you do, but often His thoughts as recorded in the scripture seem senseless, logically unacceptable, or self-contradictory. Yet Bible believing people understand that God's thoughts are not our thoughts. A few examples could possible help you understand. these would be considered Biblical principles.

James 4:10
"Humble yourselves in the presence of the Lord, and He will exalt (NAS)
Matthew 7:1, 2
"Do not judge, or you too will be judged. For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and the measure you use, it will be measured to you.." (ESV)
Matthew 16:25 
"If you try to hang on to your life, you will lose it. But if you give up your life for my sake, you will save it." (NLT)
1 Timothy 5:18
"For the Scripture says, 'You must not muzzle an ox to keep it from eating as it treads out the grain.' And in another place, 'Those who work deserve their pay!'" (NLT)

One of the most profound of all the principles is found in:

2 Corinthians 12:9
"And He has said to me, 'My grace is sufficient for you, for power is perfected in weakness.' Most gladly, therefore, I will rather boast about my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may dwell in me for when I am weak, then I am strong." (NAS)

See how many principles you can find in God's Word.

_________________Today's personal note from Dennis


Greetings from Starbucks in beautiful Tempe, AZ (Also a very hot Tempe, AZ.)


Thanks for your notes of encouragement during this past week. I so enjoy hearing from you. Paul reminded the Church at Phillippi that he was grateful for the fond memories he had of them. I am also so grateful for the many memories that I share with so many of you.


I just added 26 new email recipients from Lebanon, MO to my mailing list this last week. So good to have so many of you in Lebanon receiving The Encourager. God bless you all.


It is summer and you will likely have a time of travel, visiting family and friends, seeing sights and enjoying some time off school and work. Make the most of the time and enjoy it. Remember even Jesus took some time away for renewal!


Sunday I will be preaching at First Baptist Church of Tempe. Service times are 8, 9:30, and 11:00. the last time I preached three services in a row was last summer in South Dakota. About 10 minutes into the third message of the day I began to pass out. Several people got to me quickly. The service was dismissed and everyone got an early release. Pray that a similar experience will not happen this Sunday.


God has given me the privilege of continued ministry in spite of the fight with cancer. It was six years ago this week that I first found cancer in my liver. It was three years ago this week that I went into the hospital with what became a fight for my life. the Lord in His graciousness has allowed me to live these three years. Everyday I attempt to tell someone my story of God's work in my life. I quote the verse from Psalms 118:17 "I shall not die but live that I may tell what the Lord has done." It is a constant reminder that God has me here on this earth for a purpose. I thank Him, and praise Him.


I do hope God is your strength and hope. Tell someone you story today. Remind yourself and anyone who will listen how great God is to you, and how He has worked in your life. Have you read your Bible lately? His Word is truth.  ~ DGW

"Your word is a lamp to guide my feet and a light for my path."                      Psalm 119:l05 (NLT)

No comments:

Post a Comment