Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Body Building! #196

Ephesians 4:36
From whom the whole body, being fitted and held together by that which every joint supplies, according to the proper working of each individual part, causes the growth of the body for the building up of itself in love.

How did God make you? What is your personality? Do you have a passion for something? What kind of things do you do well? Do you know your spiritual gift? How do you fit into the Body of Christ? Your fit is determined by how God made you.

The Bible uses the word body as an analogy of the church. The gathered church functions as each  part functions as God made each of them. As you have arms, legs, eyes, ears and even toes, each part has to function properly in order for your body to operate at its greatest potential. The church, the Body of Christ, has many parts. You are one of them.

You are unique and thus you have a different function in the church than anyone else. God's plan for the church is to glorify Him as it grows numerically, in spiritual depth, in unity and  in love. In order for the church to grow and to be built up on love each part needs to function properly. that means you are important to the body.

It is not the part that causes the building up of the body but "the proper working" of each part that causes it to grow. It is also the proper working of your part that brings glory to God. Literally as each part does its part the body grows. If the church has the need to grow in maturing of needs more people or more love then your part needs to be functioning as God created you to function.

What are you doing to build up your church? Your personality, passion, gifts, experiences, and passion will give you the answer as to how you are to function. The scripture makes it clear that it is the functioning of the parts and not just being one of the parts that causes the body to be built up in love.

Your participation in the Body of Christ is essential for the sake of the body itself. Find your place of service and do your part.

_______________________Today's personal note from Dennis


Greetings from Starbucks in Lebanon, MO


What a great time to be alive and serving the Lord. I am so grateful for god's amazing grace that not only brings us salvation through Jesus Christ, but also gives us a reason to live.


I have had the opportunity to see family and friends while here in the Ozarks. I spent a few hours with my Dad, brother and niece in Eldon. They are doing well. My dad is constantly mentioning that he will be 87 years old on June 3rd. That is quite a milestone for anyone. My Uncle david gave me a bed to sleep in for which I am grateful also.


I spent a day fishing with a friend, Mark Dempsey, on Table Rock Lake. Nancy and Mark were members of our church in Wisconsin. They have moved to the Ozarks. I had a great visit with them and their family.


Sandy has been busy not only doing her normal jobs but added to it my trips to soccer practice and soccer games and of course she took care of Johnny. She enjoys her grand children and children. She told me one day unknown to them or to her that Roger, Mandy and Susan all showed up at our house at the same time. I told her I needed to be out of town more often.


I will be back home on Thursday. This week I have been preaching at Second baptist Church of Lebanon, MO. It has been good to see these wonderful folks again. I have preached here before and have enjoyed renewing acquaintances. I am staying with ROger and Dee Ann Marshall. Roger and I were roommates in college. We also were neighbors in Seminary. Our friendship goes back many years. The revival is going well. The attendance is good and the response to God's word has been great.


I will be preaching at First baptist Church of Tempe on May 20th. I look forward to sharing in all three morning services. Pray for my physical strength, spiritual preparedness  and my Biblical study and preparation. I know God will be glorified. 


Thanks for your prayers. I enjoy hearing from you.  ~ DGW


No comments:

Post a Comment