Thursday, June 10, 2010

Hope Lives #97

Lamentations 3:21-25
21This I recall to my mind, therefore I have hope.
22 The LORD'S lovingkindnesss indeed never cease, for His compassions never fail.
23 They are new every morning; great is Thy faithfulness.
24 "The LORD is my portion," says my soul, "Therefore I have hope in Him."
25 The LORD is good to those who wait for Him, to the person who seeks Him.
(NAS)

What is the source of your hope? Jeremiah, who is credited with writing Lamentations, says his hope is in the Lord. Whenever he recalls with his mind where his hope originates he is assured it is from the Lord.

The reason the Lord gives you hope is because His lovingkindness never ceases. He is full of compassion that never fails. Every day the faithfulness of God brings hope. Deep in Jeremiah’s soul he says “I have hope.” What are you seeking to give you hope today? Is it in the job you have, or the money in the bank, or your health, or your knowledge or status? Your only hope that will truly last is based on the lovingkindness, faithfulness, and compassion of the Lord. Trust Him, not what He can do for you or even has done for you in the past. True hope is in the Lord
Himself.

Make today a special day by trusting only in the Lord and His character.

I hope you find purpose for your life today as you grow in Christ. May God bless you as your spiritual life prospers in Jesus.
_______________________________Today's Personal Note from Dennis

Hallelujah!

That was the word I said to the Dr. who announced to me that there was no cancer in my colon. Tests Wednesday proved no cancer, the opposite of what other tests had suspected. Under the influence of anesthesia I then asked the Dr. if he knew how to say Hallelujah in French. Don't have any idea where that came from. All present had a laugh. I don't remember it at all. God continues to answer prayers. Thank you for continuing to pray.

Sunday I served my once a month rotation as a greeter at Church on Mill. I have told Church on Mill I have received a promotion from Sr. Pastor to Greeter, because I don't have to attend any meetings. Praise the Lord!

Continue to pray for opportunities for Sandy and me both to use our teaching and preaching gifts in ministry. I am available to preach almost any Sunday and have the strength, thank God, to share His word. We have a conference in Ohio scheduled already for November. Our plans also include a return to Quartzite, AZ for the big ministry opportunity provided during the Gem and Rock Show in January of 2011. We participate with Quartzite Southern Baptist Church and Campers on Mission in this project.

I pray you will have a great week and that God will bless your business and ministry. To Him be the glory. For those of you without work I am praying for a job opportunity this week for you. Changes are coming to The Encourager to make it better. You will be asked to sign up. I will let you know when. Love you all ~DGW

No comments:

Post a Comment