Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Simply Believe #300


John 6:26 Jesus answered them and said, “Truly, truly, I say to you, you seek Me, not because you saw signs, but because you ate of the loaves and were filled. 27 Do not work for the food which perishes, but for the food which endures to eternal life… 28 Therefore they said to Him, “What shall we do, so that we may work the works of God?” 29 Jesus answered and said to them, “This is the work of God, that you believe in Him whom He has sent.” 30 So they said to Him, “What then do You do for a sign, so that we may see, and believe You? What work do You perform?... 33 For the bread of God is that which comes down out of heaven, and gives life to the world.” 34 Then they said to Him, “Lord, always give us this bread.” 35 Jesus said to them, “I am the bread of life; he who comes to Me will not hunger, and he who believes in Me will never thirst.
Jesus often did miracles that were considered by the people as signs. The proof of someone’s leadership and authenticity was there ability to perform. Jesus had just fed 5000 people with five barley loaves and two small fish. The people were astounded at the sign; but more impressed that their hunger was satisfied. Jesus told the crowds that their interest in Him was not signs, but the fact they were fed. He mentions the work of God and the people respond with a question; “What shall we do that we may do the work of God?” Jesus’ answer was FAITH. Simply to believe is the work of God. They were not satisfied and wanted some proof in order that they might believe. Remember they had just seen him feed thousands. They then tell Him that Moses gave a sign by providing manna out of heaven. “What then do You do for a sign, so that we may see, and believe You? What work do You perform?
Jesus told them Moses did not provide the manna, but that God the Father did. Jesus then announces that like God provided manna from heaven He is now providing Jesus, The Bread of Life, and that whoever believes in Him will have eternal life. Do you have Jesus today? Why not believe in Him as the only Son of God. Jesus revealed to the Father to all humanity. His greatest sign was His death and resurrection. The work God wants from you is to believe in Him.                                                                                                                     _______________________Today's personal note from Dennis

Greetings from Starbucks in beautiful Tempe, AZ

WOW!! Number 300 this week. I began writing "The Encourager"  March 4, 2008. Never did I expect to be alive and still writing these six years later and that #300 would ever be written. 
God is good and has blessed me with enough health to continue to write. Your response to "The Encourager" has been overwhelming to me. At this time "The Encourager" is emailed to 22 countries outside the United States and about 30 states here in the USA. I thank God for the opportunity to encourage people all over the world and help them in their walk with God. As I tell you often "GOD IS GOOD."

Several of you have inquired during this past week about the results of my attempts to get into two different medical trials. I was rejected by both. Each had different reasons for me not to be a candidate. I am at total peace about them both. My prayers had always been that if God knew of any reason I should not be in the trials He would stop it. He has and I praise Him for it. I am not disappointed, but rather relieved. There is a scripture that says, "Let the peace of Christ rule in your heart." Colossians 3:15. I have always used that in decision making. The third fruit of the Spirit after love and joy is peace. What a great blessing from God. I meet next week with the oncologist and have another meeting with the doctor who is doing the trials. I am just praying for God's will to be done. 

Sandy's heart issues seem to be under control. The medication she is taking has stopped the tachycardia. We are very thankful. It was a little scary. She has regained her energy and strength. 

Collin had his last band concert of the year last week. (see pic) He has been playing the trumpet for the past 3 years, and as a proud grandfather; I would say quite well. He also plays in another band at school and plays percussion in it. His timpani solo was outstanding. Collin finishes the 7th grade on Friday. He is ready for a summer break. 

Burke and Bennett do not get out until June 6th. Their year round school puts them back in school by the end of July. It is a short summer break. They make the most of it by teaching in Vacation Bible School, going to youth camp, going on vacation with Mom and Dad and camping at the end with Sandy and me. 

Justin and Johnny got Mandy a new tree for Mother's Day. It was planted last week. I think the boys enjoyed planting it the most. 

Sandy and I spent Friday and Saturday in Payson, AZ with friends from church and friends from Campers on Mission. So good to get better acquainted and enjoy the fellowship. 

We will be camping at Wood's Canyon Lake for 8 days starting on Memorial Day. Mandy and John and Justin and Johnny will be with us the first two days. Collin is bringing a friend who will remain with us the entire time. Should be a great time. I hope to get in some trout fishing. 

I continue to preach at the Intersect Service in the Loft at First Baptist Church in Tempe. I enjoy teaching and pastoring that fine congregation. Come see me sometime. It meets at 9:30 Sunday morning. Sandy is already looking forward to teaching her Young Moms Bible study next fall. I will be speaking to the Grace Community Church camping group on the weekend of June 27-29 at Wood's Canyon Lake Campground. 

I have been asked to speak at the Golden Valley Baptist Church August 16 and 17. There is one service on Saturday night and two on Sunday morning. 

July 6th I will be preaching all three services at First Baptist Church in the Worship Center.
The times are 8:00 9:30 and 11:00. 

I pray that God will bless you and bring joy into your life. I often think of the fruit of the Spirit and get excited that the Holy Spirit is our source of:  Galatians 5:22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness,23 gentleness, self-control; against such things there is no law.
God Bless You!  ~DGW

No comments:

Post a Comment