Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Finding Life #298

John 12:20 Now there were certain Greeks among those who came up to worship at the feast. 21 Then they came to Philip, who was from Bethsaida of Galilee, and asked him, saying, “Sir, we wish to see Jesus.” 22 Philip came and told Andrew, and in turn Andrew and Philip told Jesus. 23 But Jesus answered them, saying, “The hour has come that the Son of Man should be glorified. 24 Most assuredly, I say to you, unless a grain of wheat falls into the ground and dies, it remains alone; but if it dies, it produces much grain. 25 He who loves his life will lose it, and he who hates his life in this world will keep it for eternal life. 26 If anyone serves Me, let him follow Me; and where I am, there My servant will be also. If anyone serves Me, him My Father will honor.
Have you ever had someone tell you they only believe the RED LETTER part of the Bible? Many Bibles contain the words of Jesus in red letters. It identifies what Jesus actually said. Most people who desire to reject the Bible as the word of God will often resort to saying they only believe the words of Jesus. In this section Jesus does speak. He shares words of truth that for many are hard. In this case there were a group of Greeks who came to worship at a Jewish feast. They had only one request, “Sir, we would see Jesus.”
Jesus communicated through several of the disciples heard their question. Undoubtedly they were not prepared for his statement. In prediction of His death on the cross He said these words, “The hour has come that the Son of Man should be glorified. 24 Most assuredly, I say to you, unless a grain of wheat falls into the ground and dies, it remains alone; but if it dies, it produces much grain. He compares Himself to a plant. In order to produce fruit it has to germinate. The grain that is planted dies. He is preparing to die in order to give life. He then says that if anyone wants to find life they must die. The great word from Jesus is simply, “you must die in order to live. 

___________________Today's personal note from Dennis

Greetings from Starbucks in beautiful Tempe, AZ

Happy Mother's Day!! How grateful we are for you. You have blessed our lives with your love and support throughout our lives. My own Mother went to be with the Lord over 7 years ago. She is missed. For all of you children: do something special for your Mom this Mother's Day. 

I pray God has blessed you this past week with His love, grace and mercy. I keep praising God daily for all He means to me, all He does for me, and all His overwhelming expressions of His love. No matter what is happening in our lives we still can "give thanks in all things."

I told you last week that I was to meet with a new doctor with the possibility of a new procedure. Well I met with him and he not only could not do the procedure; he had never heard of it. Previously I had contacted Cedars Sinai Medical Center in Los Angeles. I recontacted them again. They wanted medical records sent to them; within 3 hours I had most all my medical records in the mail to them. One hospital had over 700 pages of records. I made phone contact on Tuesday with Cedars Sinai. I do not qualify for the trial. So I will continue as usual. There is a new trial at a hospital in Scottsdale. It is not the same but I am still pursuing it. Appreciate your prayers. 

Sandy and I had the joy of having our niece, Meredith and her husband Brandon at our home this past week. They had time to spend with each of our kids and grandkids. Everyone had a great time. 

Again on Monday I was a chaperone on another band excursion. This time we went to the Museum of Musical Instruments. I so enjoy getting to know the kids and their teachers. Just a few weeks until school is out for the summer. Most all the kids are ready for a break and the teachers I know are REALLY READY!!

Your prayers and concern mean so much to both Sandy and me. Your emails are a great encouragement. I will be preaching this week at First Baptist Church of Tempe. The service is held in the LOFT. See you there.

Johnny is into costumes. He makes a really good Ironman. He and Justin are real buddies. So great to see them play together. (see pics)

Blessings to all of you.  ~ DGW

No comments:

Post a Comment