Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Time To Exercise Faith #273


Rom 4:19-21
19 And without becoming weak in faith he contemplated his own body, now as good as dead since he was about a hundred years old, and the deadness of Sarah's womb;
Romans 4:20 yet, with respect to the promise of God, he did not waver in unbelief, but grew strong in faith, giving glory to God,
21 and being fully assured that what He had promised, He was able also to perform. (NAS)

In Henry Blackabee’s study Experiencing God there is a chapter entitled; “Crisis of Faith.” The whole chapter considers what happens once you know God’s will and see where God is at work and you get in on it that a crisis of faith happens. That crisis means it looks like nothing is going to happen to fulfill the promise of God.

Can you imagine how Abraham must have felt after moving from Ur to the land of Canaan; have a promise of a child and then a promise to be the father of many nations and then have no child and your wife is 90. That is a crisis of faith. It could also be called the ‘death of a vision.’ Let me assure you that if God is in something the death will occur in order for God to get the glory.

Don’t ignore or pretend that the death of the vision (the crisis of faith) has occurred or is occurring.

Face whatever comes, but do not lose sight of the promise.

Abraham understood very well that his wife was past childbearing years and he was as good as dead. The crisis of faith occurred. There is no hope apart from the promise of God. There was not any hope whatsoever of having a child; no possibility that they would see this promised fulfilled. That was reality. It is time to exercise faith. Is there something in your life that is impossible? Is something beyond possibility? I don’t know how, but I am sure of one thing. It is possible with God. 

Matthew 19:26  And looking upon them Jesus said to them, "With men this is impossible, but with God all things are possible." (NAS)

____________________Today's personal note from Dennis

Greetings from Starbucks in beautiful Tempe, AZ


Seems like everywhere I turn there is a Zombie, a Vampire or a princess, or Buzz Lightyear or maybe a little child looking like a character from a fairytale. Yes, it is Halloween. Dressing up for Halloween is no longer just something little kids do to go Trick or Treating. The office of today is as dressed up as a window in the department store. Sandy and I still enjoy watching the neighborhood kids coming to collect their candy. Many churches have safe alternatives to going door to door. All is such fun. With a face like mine I don't need a costume or a mask. Enjoy the day.

Our grandsons are decked out for the day. You saw last week the two little ones, Johnny and Justin in their Buzz Lightyear costumes; see the pics today of Burke and Collin. Twelve year olds still enjoy getting a sack full of candy. Tapaw likes to eat it. 

Sandy's Young Mom's Bible Study is going very well. She loves the Moms and their babies. She is teaching Ruth. They all decided this week they were glad they did not live in Ruth's time. Women, at least in America, have come a long way since sometime before 1010 BC. 

I will be preaching in the Intersect Service in the LOFT at First Baptist Church of Tempe on Sunday November 3rd. Looking forward to sharing from Revelation 14:17-20 on the "Winepress of God's Wrath." Join me at 9:30 Sunday morning. 

In the summer of 2009 there was a consensus of opinion among the doctors that I was not going to live long; a few months at best. Because of God's amazing grace and His will for me and my family I am still living. I thank God everyday for life. It was in September of 2009 that one doctor told me to prepare for the end of life; call hospice and give up. I looked him straight in the eyes and told him, "I am not giving up." That was over four years ago. I still am not giving up. 

I looked at my calendar for the next couple of months and thought, "how can I possibly give up." I have too much to do. God has so blessed me with family, friends, and a ministry of preaching and teaching that I see no need to give up. 

The next couple of months are punctuated with birthdays, grandson's plays and band concerts, Thanksgiving, Christmas and many opportunities to tell people about Jesus.
I thank God for the joy of life. GOD IS GOOD!!

Start Thanksgiving a little early this year and begin your "I am so blessed" list. You have so much to be thankful for; tell God and others you are blessed. 

May you be blessed this week with wonderful memories and future plans.   ~ DGW 

No comments:

Post a Comment