Thursday, October 17, 2013

Shut My Mouth #271


Job 40:1-5
1 Then the Lord said to Job, 2 “Do you still want to argue with the Almighty? You are God’s critic, but do you have the answers?”                 3 Then Job replied to the Lord, 4 “I am nothing—how could I ever find the answers? I will cover my mouth with my hand. 5 I have said too much already.
I have nothing more to say.”
Have you ever argued with God? If you have ever experienced a crisis in your life or the life of your family then you understand how Job struggled with the loss of his family, his livelihood and his possessions. As a result he questioned God. WHY ME? That was likely Job’s constant words. He could not understand the reasons nor the plans of God surrounding his troubles. You may have had a time when things made no sense to you. You were beside yourself and began to argue with God with your own, WHY ME?
God spoke to Job and asked him if he still wanted to argue and be God’s critic. He questioned God for most of the Book of Job. Finally near the end God spoke to Job with some very pointed questions. The main gist of his questions dealt with the finiteness of Job and the opposing infiniteness of God. “Where were you?” The question God asked Job in relationship to creation and His control of the earth and its people. Job 38:1 Then the Lord spoke to Job out of the storm. He said: 2 “Who is this that obscures my plans
with words without knowledge? 3 Brace yourself like a man;
I will question you, and you shall answer me. 4 “Where were you when I laid the earth’s foundation? Tell me, if you understand.”
After all of chapter 38 and 39 Job found that he was not God. He discovered God has plans and that none of them can be thwarted. Job saw life from God’ perspective and had a new answer. “I am nothing—how could I ever find the answers? God alone knows why things happen. Job realized in his finite wisdom he would never understand the ways of God. In response he simply says “I will put my hand over my mouth and shut up.” His recognition is that he had already said too much. I will say no more. Have you argued with God only to realize in the end that God is in control and in charge of your life? To argue with God is futile. To trust Him is wisdom and strength.
_____________Today's personal note from Dennis
Greetings from Starbucks in beautiful Tempe, AZ

Sandy and I passed a milestone last week; our oldest grandson, Bennett, turned 16. The family celebrated his personal milestone with one of Sandy's birthday meals . He is a wonderful and talented young man. He loves music and his friends. He is currently working on a school play, plays percussion in the band and loves swing dancing. We are really proud of him.


Before the family ate I said the blessing on the food. Johnny said loudly, "Tapaw, stop talking." I ended my prayer very soon. He was hungry.

Sandy continues to teach her Young Moms class. She is teaching the Book of Ruth. She enjoys her young ladies and continues to be challenged. Continue to pray for her. 

If the government does not go back to work I will not be preaching Sunday at Roosevelt Lake to the camping group from Grace Community Church. The reason being that the campground is on the Tonto National Forest and is currently part of the shut down. I never expected the government shut down to keep me from preaching. I will be preaching again November 3rd at the First Baptist Church of Tempe at 9:30AM in the LOFT. (an auditorium on the second floor of the education building).

Thank you for your prayers. I know that God has allowed me to have an extended life in order to serve Him. Your prayers are so important. My health at this time is stable. I will be retested in December; including blood tests and MRI. Although I have symptoms that are not enjoyable I am still able to carry on an active lifestyle, and feel good most of the time. God is good. 

Several new people have been added to the email list in the past few weeks. If you know someone who would benefit from The Encourager send me their name and email address. 

May God bless you this week by giving you the privilege of bringing glory to Him.  ~ DGW

Romans 11:36  
For from Him and through Him and for Him are all things.To Him be the glory forever! Amen. (NIV)


No comments:

Post a Comment