Friday, July 13, 2012

Real Intimacy #206

John 5:16
16 You did not choose Me but I chose you, and appointed that you would go and bear fruit, and that your fruit would remain, so that whatever you ask of the Father in My name He may give to you. (NASB)                                                                              
Mark 3:13-14
13 And He went up on the mountain and summoned those whom He Himself wanted, and they came to Him. 14 And He appointed twelve, so that they would be with HIM...(NASB)
John 15:15
No longer do I call you slaves, for the slave does not know what his master is doing; but I have called you friends, for all things that I have heard from My Father I have made known to you. (NASB)

What an incredible thought God chose me. It seems today that maybe there is too much emphasis on the choosing and not enough on the reason for God choosing you. The deep need of the human heart is a relationship with someone. By far the most important relationship is the one between the creator and the created. God made you to glorify Him, to know Him and enjoy Him. That is a relationship.

The longing of the human heart is to engage in relationships with family, friends, neighbors, church, and especially God. Jesus was so emphatic about His relationship with you that He chose you for that intimacy. He called His disciples and you to be "with" Him.

He told His followers that the new relationship was not one of slave to master, but one of friendship. He calls you to be His friend and you are.

John 15:13 There is no greater love than to lay down one's life for one's friends (NLT) He did that for you. Thank God that He not only chose you, but He chose you for an intimate relationship.

__________________Today's personal note from Dennis


Greetings from Starbucks in beautiful San Diego, CA (dare I mention cool also)

Sandy, Collin and I are finishing up a week in San Diego. It has been a great time together. Between museums, the beach, Sea World and host of other things we have stayed busy. Collin had the opportunity to climb into a flight simulator and fly a jet. He loved it. The young couple are in front of their new boat!! LOL (see pic) Looking forward to getting home except for the heat.

We also got to spend some time at the beach with Burke and Bennett who were here on vacation also.(see pic) It was fun being with all three of the bigger boys. 
By this time next year we may have to bring Johnny with us. His new brother or sister will still be a little small for such an adventurous trip.

Sunday was a great day. We attended the Shadow Mountain Community Church where Dr. David Jeremiah is the pastor. He spoke Sunday morning, but the real treat for me was to hear Dr.Tim LaHaye preach on Sunday night. His topic was "Is the United States found in Biblical prophesy?" His answer was NO. He did say that he believed the real greatness of the United States was our commitment to live by Biblical principles and our treatment of Israel. I had a wonderful time listening.

Sunday July 15th I will be preaching at First Baptist Church of Tempe. My topic is "Have you ever been at the wrong place at the wrong time?" Join me at 8:00, 9:30 or 11:00. I will also be preaching on July 22nd. 

Thank you for your prayers and support. Your words of encouragement through your emails are very helpful. I always enjoy hearing from you. It is always my desire to write a personal email back to you. 

If you know someone who would like to receive The Encourager please send me their name and email address. I will add them to the list. Also if they would like to check it out go to:    www.dgtheencourager.blogspot.com 

Also you can google "Greetings from Starbucks in beautiful Tempe, AZ".  What a kick!!

Many times I receive a name to add to The Encourager list who is struggling with cancer or some other serious issue. I pray for them as well as put them on the email list. It seems there are so many people who need encouraged. It is my heart's desire to do just that. 

God bless you. May God give you an understanding and enlightenment of what it means for you to be "IN CHRIST."  ~ DGW




No comments:

Post a Comment