Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Talk To Yourself #150

Psalms 62:1 My soul waits in silence for God only ; From Him is my salvation. 2 He only is my rock and my salvation, My stronghold ; I shall not be greatly shaken. Psalm 62:5 My soul, wait in silence for God only, For my hope is from Him. 6 He only is my rock and my salvation, My stronghold ; I shall not be shaken. 7 On God my salvation and my glory rest; The rock of my strength, my refuge is in God. 8 Trust in Him at all times, O people ; Pour out your heart before Him; God is a refuge for us.

Ever talk to yourself? You might have heard it is ok to talk to yourself as long as you don’t answer yourself. Well, David not only talked to himself, but he did answer. His question would have been, “Where do I go when things around me seem to be falling apart?” His answer is “To God.”


His soul: his emotions, his thoughts, and his volition are struggling with a need for hope and protection. In verse five he speaks to his soul and says, “Soul, Wait in silence for God only.” David knew God was his hope and strength, but like you, David needed a reminder. Talk to yourself. Remind your soul that God is the answer. How easy it is to forget that in the past you found your salvation, stronghold, rock, hope, strength and refuge in God. Talk to yourself again and say, “Soul, God is what I need to meet my needs.” The world, Satan and your own flesh will tell you that something else will meet your needs. Just remember it is God only who is everything.


Here is where you probably run into difficulty. The Psalmist says, “WAIT” on the Lord. You may be like so many others and find that waiting is hard. You may get impatient and reach to other sources of help. It is time to have a heart to heart talk with your self. He alone is your rock and salvation. He alone is your strength and refuge. He alone is your hope.


Trust Him at all times. Verse 8 “Pour out your heart before Him; God is a refuge” for your soul. Tell God how you feel, what you are thinking and determine to trust Him to meet your needs. He does not want to GIVE you hope or strength. He wants to BE your hope and strength. Trust Him right now to be for you what you are lacking. So, you may need to talk to yourself as well as to God.


May He bless you this very moment as you have your little talk with yourself and God.


____________________Today's personal note from Dennis


Greetings from Starbucks in Tempe, AZ


Everyday I am reminded what a wonderful gift God has given us that we call LIFE.


Two years ago this very day I was in the hospital with an extremely dangerous life threatening liver infection. I came home the first time on June 16, 2009. The Lord not only spared my life, but gave me a quality of life through which I can serve Him. To Him Be The Glory.


Happy Father's Day to all of you Dads. I do hope you have a wonderful day.


June 24-26 Sandy and I will have the privilege of being with Grace Community Church at their annual all Church Campout. We will be a Wood's Canyon. We are going a few days early in order to take Burke and Collin fishing and camping. Bennett will be at Youth Camp in Glorietta NM. All three boys are in Prescott, AZ this week for camp.


We are so blessed with folks like you who pray for us and support our ministry. You are special. Thanks.


Love you all. ~ DGW

No comments:

Post a Comment