Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Who Is Jesus? #124

John 1:14 And the Word became flesh, and dwelt among us, and we be-held His glory, glory as of the only begotten from the Father, full of grace and truth. (NAS)

What is Christmas all about? Why do so many millions of people celebrate the birth of Jesus? Is it because He was a great prophet? Is it because He lived a good life and went about doing good things for people? Is it because He was able to heal people of disease and cast out demons from them? Is it because it is fun to give and receive gifts, decorate trees, put up lights on your house, or have office parties and family gatherings.

Surely some people celebrate for just those reasons; but the real reason is because of who Jesus is. The Greek word LOGOS translated WORD in John chapter one is a way of declaring that Jesus was and is God Himself. The Word became flesh means that God became a man in Jesus. The Son of God has always been. Jesus even declared in John 8:58 "Truly, truly, I say to you, before Abraham was born, I am." (NAS) He is declaring His eternal nature as God. He came to earth to reveal God and to die for the sins of humanity.

John 14:9-11 “He who has seen Me has seen the Father; how do you say, 'Show us the Father'? "Do you not believe that I am in the Father, and the Father is in Me? The words that I say to you I do not speak on My own initiative, but the Father abiding in Me does His works. "Believe Me that I am in the Father, and the Father in Me; otherwise believe on account of the works themselves.” (NAS)

Can you celebrate Christmas for the right reason? Would you place your faith in Jesus as God come in the flesh in order that you might have eternal life? WHAT A GREAT CELEBRATION OF CHRISTMAS THAT WOULD BE!!

____________________Today's personal note from Dennis

Merry Christmas!!
Greetings from WARM, BEAUTIFUL ARIZONA,

I am sure you are all getting ready for Christmas. This has been a great time for our family. We have celebrated birthdays and are eager to again gather for Christmas Day. As we celebrate Jesus' birthday also we are so grateful to God for all He has done. This time last year my health was still not good and I praise God that this year I feel sooo good. God is good!

We have had record breaking temperatures in Arizona this week. It has been in the 80s a couple of days. I know those of you in the mid-west have had a tough winter. Come see us. Just not all at once. Sandy and I are very grateful for friends and family like you who encourage us in life and ministry.

God continues to open doors for ministry. We are planning to be in Quartzite, AZ in January to work with the Campers on Mission group. We will be teaching and also doing street evangelism for a week. Campers on Mission also serve at the Las Vegas Nascar races in March. It is our hope to be a part of that also. I will be preaching at Crossroads Baptist Church in Apache Junction, AZ on December 26th, and at Grace Community Church in Tempe on January 2nd. Pray for these opportunities to share "what the Lord has done."

Thanks for your prayers. I met with one of my doctors a couple of weeks ago. His comment to me was, "You are doing so well for one reason, prayer." I do believe he is right. Keep up the prayers.

Check out he blog site. dgtheencourager.blogspot.com. Take the time to subscribe. Thanks.

May God bless you with a very special Christmas holiday season. Remember to keep your eyes upon Jesus. I pray you will be blessed with friends, family, support and hope.

I love all of you. ~DGW

No comments:

Post a Comment