Tuesday, December 21, 2010

The Christ Child #125

Matthew 1:18-23 18 Now this is how Jesus the Messiah was born. His mother, Mary, was engaged to be married to Joseph. But while she was still a virgin, she became pregnant by the Holy Spirit. 19 Joseph, her fiance, being a just man, decided to break the engagement quietly, so as not to disgrace her publicly. 20 As he considered this, he fell asleep, and an angel of the Lord appeared to him in a dream. "Joseph, son of David," the angel said, "do not be afraid to go ahead with your marriage to Mary. For the child within her has been conceived by the Holy Spirit. 21 And she will have a son, and you are to name him Jesus, for he will save his people from their sins." 22 All of this happened to fulfill the Lord's message through his prophet: 23 "Look! The virgin will conceive a child! She will give birth to a son, and he will be called Immanuel (meaning, God is with us)."


The birth of Jesus is the story of a man and woman, a miracle, hope, and God. Joseph was engaged to Mary and in a dream it was revealed to him that she was already impregnated by God, the Holy Spirit. Instead of shaming her he has going to break the engagement, but an angel of the Lord appeared to him, a mystery and miracle, and told him to marry her because the child in her was conceived of God.


The child would be named Jesus and would save his people from their sins. His birth was a fulfillment of prophesy declaring virgin would conceive a child that would be different than all others. This child was God in human flesh. This Jesus will be called Immanuel (meaning God with us.) Truly the miracle of Christmas is the Sovereign Lord, the God Almighty, would become one of us in order to save us from our sins and give us eternal life.


Not only was Joseph allowed to be the earthly father of Jesus; he was privileged to see the miracle of Immanuel (God with us) and the hope of eternal life through faith in Jesus Christ. Have you discovered that Hope?
__________________________Today’s personal note from Dennis

Merry Christmas!
I pray you will have a wonderful Christmas. May God bless you, your family and friends on this blessed day.

This month has been a busy one for the Wood family. I told you before that we celebrate birthdays in December for all three of our children, Roger, Mandy and Susan and one of our grandsons, Collin. Attached are birthday pictures. We always take one SILLY PICTURE. I thought I would include it also.

I will be preaching on December 26th at Crossroads Baptist Church in Apache Junction, AZ and here in Tempe at Grace Community Church on January 2nd. I look forward to telling of the wonderful things the Lord has done in my life the past few years. In October 2009 the scripture in Psalms 118:17 jumped off the page at me as I read it. At that time my health was still quite critical. It was a verse of hope for that moment. "I will not die, but I will live to tell what the Lord has done." NLT
Since that time I have attempted to tell anyone and everyone who will listen what the Lord has done in my life. Jesus is even
more real to me now than at any time I can remember. He truly
is my Savior, Lord and Life. God has opened doors for me to
communicate the story to individuals, churches, carnival groups, senior adults, college students, and appears that I may be speaking to a NASCAR group in March in Las Vegas. Pray for continued opportunities to share God's word and the story of His mercy and grace.

I often joke with people that it seems when I schedule a speaking engagement God allows me to live long enough fulfill the engagement. THUS, I am looking to schedule a few speaking engagements in 2023. LOL

Thanks for being so supportive with your prayers this past year. It means so much to know people around the world are praying for me, Sandy, our family and ministry. Currently The Encourager is going to thirteen foreign countries and twenty-seven states.

It is such a privilege to send God's word to so many people as well as receive prayers from so many.

If you know someone who is interested in receiving The
Encourager please send me their name and email address or have them check out the blog site. http://www.dgtheencourager.blogspot.com/, Thanks.
May God bless you this Christmas and give you peace, hope, encouragement, mercy and grace. I love all of you. ~ DGW

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO EVERYONE

No comments:

Post a Comment