Friday, July 2, 2010

No Never Alone #100

John 16:1-7
1I HAVE told you all these things, so that you should not be offended (taken unawares and falter, or be caused to stumble and fall away). [I told you to keep you from being scandalized and repelled.]
2They will put you out of (expel you from) the synagogues; but an hour is coming when whoever kills you will think and claim that he has offered service to God.

3And they will do this because they have not known the Father or Me.

4But I have told you these things now, so that when they occur you will remember that I told you of them. I did not say these things to you from the beginning, because I was with you.

5But now I am going to Him Who sent Me, yet none of you asks Me, Where are You going?

6But because I have said these things to you, sorrow has filled your hearts [taken

complete possession of them].
7However, I am telling you nothing but the truth when I say it is profitable (good, expedient, advantageous) for you that I go away. Because if I do not go away, the Comforter (Counselor, Helper, Advocate, Intercessor, Strengthener, Standby) will not come to you [into close fellowship with you]; but if I go away, I will send Him to you [to be in close fellowship with you].


Jesus had warned the disciples that things were transitioning from bad to worse. He had been their constant companion, friend and teacher for three years. His life was coming to an end although he was a young man of thirty-three. He then brings down their high expectations of their Jewish Messiah by announcing that He was leaving them. He informed them that they would be expelled from the Temple and be killed.

Because of His leaving them alone He made a promise that another one would come to replace Him. How many times have you heard or said you would have liked to have walked with Jesus. The announcement of Jesus to the disciples was that after His departure another like Him would come and have close fellowship with them. The Holy Spirit would be a comforter, counselor, advocate, intercessor, strengthener, and standby. He would be with and in them. He would be with each of them all at the same time.

Today you have the privilege to have God, the Holy Spirit, to live inside you. He is all to you that Jesus promised to the disciples. You are truly never alone. No matter the circumstances or situations your life brings you way God is with you. Rejoice today in the ever present God the Holy Spirit who desires close fellowship with you.

I hope you find purpose for your life today as you grow in Christ. May God bless you as your spiritual life prospers in Jesus.

________________________Today's Personal Note from Dennis

Greetings from Starbucks!
Number 100!! It is hard to believe I am sending you the 100th issue of The Encourager. I have so enjoyed trying to lift your spirits, give you hope and encourage you in your daily life. God has certainly led through some eventful times during the years I have written to you. It is my continued hope that The Encourager will remind you that God is in charge of your life, that He loves you and desires for you to have a full and meaningful life. He has certainly blessed me and Sandy during this time.

We are still working on a new format for The Encourager. More information will be forthcoming.

I do hope and pray that today you are blessed in a real special way. Please pray for another upcoming liver tube change which is scheduled for Friday July 9th. This again is the critical exchange that has often caused infections. The last change was 9 weeks ago and went without incident. Pray for the same results this time. Thanks for your concern and prayers.

Continue to pray for opportunities for ministry for both me and Sandy. Pray for our upcoming trip to South Dakota. We will be in the Pierre area on Sunday July 25 and August 1. I do not have a place to preach yet so pray for that door to open.

In Christ, ~DGW

No comments:

Post a Comment