Wednesday, July 14, 2010

The Secret #102

Philippians 4:11-13
11 Not that I was ever in need, for I have learned how to be content with whatever I have.
12 I know how to live on almost nothing or with everything. I have learned the secret of living
in every situation, whether it is with a full stomach or empty, with plenty or little.
13 For I can do everything through Christ, who gives me strength.
(NLT)

Much has been written about the secrets to this and that. Maybe the secret to happiness, success, a great marriage, the right job, gaining wealth and on and on. The Apostle Paul gives a secret to living in every situation. Can you imagine that life is never changing, always the same? Of course that is not the case. You may find yourself in one situation one day and it be totally changed the next. The Bible’s answer to the secret of living in every situation is: CONTENTMENT.

Obviously it is difficult to be content. The reason is the lack of strength to overcome viewing life by the situation of the moment. To view life as only the struggle of the moment will be discouraging and bring hopelessness. Paul explained his life as one in which he had experienced living on almost nothing or having everything. The secret he learned was that Christ provided the strength in order for him to face everything. The power of Christ led him to contentment because he realized and accepted that Christ was in charge of his life.

Do you need to find that secret? Do you need to find strength for your situation in the strength that only Christ can provide? Trust Him today because you can truly do all things through the one who gives you His strength. To Him be the glory.

I hope you find purpose for your life today as you grow in Christ. May God bless you as your spiritual life prospers in Jesus. ~DGW

___________________________Today's personal note from Dennis

Greetings from HOT HOT TEMPE! The thermometer is to hit 117 before the week is over, and our monsoon season has hit so it is no longer DRY. But I love it.

God blessed again this week. My procedure went well and I am doing wonderful. My Dad is in a rehab and out of the hospital and doing well also.

God has blessed with opportunities for ministry. I will be preaching in South Dakota at Community Bible Church in Pierre on August 1 and at the Laveen Baptist Church in Laveen, AZ on August 15. Sandy and I will be leading conferences in Virginia and Ohio in November.

Sandy, our grandson, Collin, and I will be leaving Friday, July 16 for South Dakota. Pray for safety. The picture is our home away from home. Yes, we are driving. Road trip #2 for the summer of 2010. Quite a change from the summer of 2009. Thank you for your prayers and concern.

I have been telling you we are making changes to The Encourager. The changes are made. We have set up a blog site. ALL of the 101 Encouragers are found on the blog site, Several of you have commented that you wish you had saved copies or could refer to an Encourager you may have read a year ago. Well now you can. I will continue to send The Encourager as usual, BUT if you want the new format and would like to receive your Encourager from the blog site please go to http://dgtheencourager.blogspot.com Follow the simple directions to submit your email address. You can also check it out by a Google search to dgtheencourager.blogspot.com I hope you will change to the new Encourager. I will repeat this message for the next two or three weeks.

God bless you today. God loves you and HE IS GOOD!!

No comments:

Post a Comment