Thursday, December 17, 2009

What Do You WIsh For? #75

2 Corinthians 9:8
And God is able to make all grace abound to you, that always having all sufficiency in everything, you may have an abundance for every good deed; (NAS)

At this Christmas season do you find yourself wishing you could give more gifts to you family and friends? If you had a bundle of money and untold resources would that abundance make it easier? Let me assure you that nothing is more abounding than the grace of God. God is able to make all grace abound to you.

The result of God’s grace, as always, is sufficiency. Not necessarily a bank roll or your own toy store or car dealership, but God’s sufficient grace. The grace of God is adequate to meet the intentions of God for you in everything. The objective of God’s grace is your ability to accomplish the good deeds, or works that God wants you to accomplish. Could it be that your ideas of adequate and sufficient are not necessarily God’s idea?

Could you have right now all you need to provide for every good deed? God does not expect more from you than His grace provides for you. And by the way that is sufficient. God bless you as you meet the needs of others through God’s grace.

I hope you find purpose for your life today as you grow in Christ. May God bless you as your spiritual life prospers in Jesus.

____________________________Today's personal note from Dennis

Merry Christmas!

Hope you are having a great holiday already. Most of the children will be out of school by Friday for a couple of weeks of "Winter Break." What ever happened to "Christmas Break"?

I pray that your church's Christmas services will tell the story of our wonderful Savior. So many of you have musicals both for children and adults. What a special time of the year.
Someone asked me last week what I was most looking forward to at Christmas this year. Without hesitancy I said, TO BE ALIVE. God has certainly blessed me with a new beginning. That allows the time to spend with friends and family and with our wonderful church families. Don't ever take that for granted. You are blessed.

For all of you back East and up North as we call anything east or north of AZ I would like to give you a brief weather report. 75 degrees today!!! I am looking out my office window where I can spot a tomato plant with a tomato ready to be picked. Sorry I just have to rub it in. I DO NOT LIKE COLD WEATHER!

God bless and have a very Merry Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment