Friday, December 11, 2009

Do You Need A Savior #74

Luke 19:41 As he approached Jerusalem and saw the city, he wept over it (NIV)

Of all the characteristics of Jesus, compassion may stand near the top of the list. He expressed His compassion for The Holy City with tears. He had already shed tears at the tomb of his friend, Lazarus. His love for the inhabitants of Jerusalem was expressed in tears as He saw their need of a Savior.

Earlier Jesus spoke to the city: Luke 13:34 "O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, the city that kills the prophets and stones those sent to her! How often I wanted to gather your children together, just as a hen gathers her brood under her wings, and you would not have it! (NAS)

He knew the destruction of the city was eminent. Do you see someone whose life is headed for destruction? Maybe you yourself are in need of a Savior. Let me assure you that Jesus loves you. His compassion toward you took Him to the cross to die for your sins and give you life. Would you trust Him today? I hope you find purpose for your life today as you grow in Christ. May God bless you.

__________________________Today's personal note from Dennis

Merry Christmas! Greetings from Dennis and Sandy.

We would love to see all of you during the Christmas season, but obviously that is impossible. We both pray you will have a great time with family, friends and church folks. The Christmas story is one of HOPE. Do we ever need hope? Life is pretty empty and meaningless without it.

Sandy and I have lived day by day with the hope of my health improving. Through the great prayers offered by so many of you and wonderful medical people I am continuing to get better. Hang on to HOPE. Never give up.

Sunday night I finally mustered up enough courage to read Roger's blog site. I know many of you read it daily, but emotionally I was not prepared. If you have not read it go to www.dgwhealthnews.blogspot.com. I sat for over an hour as tears streamed down my cheeks as I read them all. It was a day by day account of the story of our family, our faith, our love, our wonderful Lord, great friends, great churches, great medical folks, and HOPE.

Take time to read it.This may be the best Christmas I have ever had. The joy of being alive and being with people I love with a new perspective. Life is very uncertain, but how grafeful I am that God is not. I do hope you will go to church somewhere this Christmas time and just praise the Lord for His presence as Emmanuel, God with us.

I love all of you and thank God for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment