Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Be Grateful #77

Psalm 118:17 I shall not die, but live, and tell of the works of the LORD.(NAS)

David, the Psalmist, pens the words of Psalm 118 with words of encouragement. He is filled with the wonder of the Great God that he serves. The words are of gratitude for the mighty works of God in his life. He celebrates the mercy and grace of God. He rejoices in the victories over his enemies at the hand of God. He praises God for answers to prayer.


David recognizes that it was God who preserved his life even when death was ringing at the door. He found himself trusting in God who was on his side. He praises God for the hope of continued comfort and victory. He concludes with the decision that God would have him to speak of the wonderful works of God. He would be given life with a purpose.

Your life is no different. God has blessed you in so many ways. He has given you life in order that you might fulfill the purpose of telling of what God has done and is doing in your life. Be grateful and praise God for His mighty works. God is good. I hope you find purpose for your life today as you grow in Christ. May God bless you as your spiritual life prospers in Jesus.

_____________________________ Today's Personal Note from Dennis

Happy New Year!

I hope and pray this finds you with expectations for a very happy new year. I think in my case I will look forward and not spend too much time looking backward over 2009, except where I can learn from the experiences. God has certainly led me and my family and friends through a struggle during 2009. But He has brought us through. What a great God we serve.

Gratitude is such a stress reliever. As I thank God for lessons learned, struggles encountered, bonds with family and friends strengthened and renewed, love deepened with everyone, new friends developed between me and Doctors and Nurses, and emotions wavering like a yo yo I am reminded who is ultimately in charge. I am so grateful to the God of creation who is also the God of sustaining grace and providence. Praise Him.

I do hope during 2010 I have the chance to see many of you. Sandy and I are praying for increased strength and stamina and the ability to travel. It would be so good to sit down and share with you all that God has done in our lives since we last were together.

May God bless you in 2010 like no other year in your life. May you see the hand of God in everything and give thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment