Thursday, November 5, 2009

Monuments of Success #69

1 Samuel 15:12 And Samuel rose early in the morning to meet Saul; and it was told Samuel,
saying, "Saul came to Carmel, and behold, he set up a monument for himself, then
turned and proceeded on down to Gilgal." (NAS)

Ever accomplish something and feel like you need some credit? Sort of human. But what if you don’t get the recognition you think you deserve? You might resort to Saul’s approach. Saul had just returned from his attack on the Amalekites. God’s instruction to Saul was to destroy them completely even their livestock. As Saul returned he was so proud of his accomplishment that he stopped at Carmel to erect a monument to his own success. Think maybe pride was a motivation?

The real problem was that he had not obeyed God. He had captured Agag, king of the Amalekites, and brought back spoils of livestock which was in direct disobedience to God. Do you ever desire to erect monuments to your success but fail to take into consideration God’s commands and His plans. You fail when you only partially obey. Partial obedience is really nothing more than disobedience. True purpose in life can never be discovered if you insist on tooting your own horn and not following the Word of God.

I hope you find purpose for your life today as you grow in Christ. May God bless you as your spiritual life prospers in Jesus.
___________________________Today's personal note from Dennis

Thank you All.
There is a time when we all need to stop whatever we are doing, wherever we are, who ever we are with and just say THANK YOU LORD. I dropped by a church this week. They have a prayer room. I felt compelled to just walk in the door and say, THANK YOU LORD.


So many things ran through my head to be thankful for. I had just climbed the first real flight of stairs in almost 6 months. And I made it. Took a while and my legs shook, but THANK YOU LORD. As I walked into the prayer room it appeared to be empty and then I heard a noise. I walked around the corner and saw a lady cleaning some shelves. We talked a minute and then she said, "Are you Dennis?" I told her I was and she said how the intercessory group had just finished and that I had been prayed for, for months. I again thought and then said out loud THANK YOU LORD.

God has been good. Only God knows the future, but I know Him and He knows me. THANK YOU LORD.

Sandy and I had a few days without a doctor's appointment and I am finally able to go without the antibiotics. We felt free. THANK YOU LORD. For that reason we have taken a few days to get out of town. We are in a nice resort in Globe, AZ. THANK YOU LORD.

You are all great prayer warriors. Please don't stop praying now. I look forward to preaching again soon. I will be sharing for a few minutes at Grace Community Church in Tempe on November 22nd in all three services. I will not be teaching or preaching just sharing a brief testimony and thanksgiving.

God bless all of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment