Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Security in Life #71

Philippians 3:4
... although I myself might have confidence even in the flesh. If anyone else has a mind to put confidence in the flesh, I far more:

Philippians 3:7
But whatever things were gain to me, those things I have counted as loss for the sake of Christ.

2 Corinthians 1:9
... indeed, we had the sentence of death within ourselves in order that we should not trust in ourselves, but in God who raises the dead; (NAS)

The Apostle Paul reminds us that there is real life and security in no one else except Christ. Paul’s trust and confidence were not in his credentials. Just because of his heritage, his family, his wealth, and his social standing he could not have true confidence. His true trust was in the person of Jesus Christ. Jesus was the one who had died for him, had called him, and given him life. Paul realized that anything and everything else in life would never give him the security and hope that Jesus could give him. For that reason he counted everything loss.

He gave up everything in order to follow Jesus. He found in Christ someone who not only could forgive his sins, but give to him life in its fullness. He counted victory in loss. Are you willing to put your trust in Him? He is the source of life. Could you find purpose for your life by ceasing to trust and have confidence in anything other than Jesus?

I hope you find purpose for your life today as you grow in Christ. May God bless you as your spiritual life prospers in Jesus.

___________________________Today's personal note from Dennis


Wow! Happy Thanksgiving!


This year has certainly flown by. Guess if you stay medicated and have little memory of lots of it then time does go quickly.This truly is one of the best Thanksgiving seasons I have ever had. This entire holiday season is a great gift from God for me. I questioned many times if I would live to spend another Thanksgiving and Christmas with my family, but God has spared me for now. I AM THANKFUL!!!!!!


It is so good to hear from you from time to time. I do hope the Encourager really encourages you. It is my hope and prayer that our faith in our Lord really makes a difference in our daily life. I don't know what I would do without Jesus.


I was thinking of the old hymn the other day, "Count Your Many Blessings" It says, "When upon life's billows you are tempest tossed. When you are discouraged thinking all is lost. Count your many blessings, name them one by one. And it will surprise you what the Lord has done.

So amid the conflict whether great or small. Do not be discouraged, God is over all. Count your many blessings angels will attend. Help and comfort give you to your journey's end.


God bless you all. Keep Looking to Jesus!!

No comments:

Post a Comment