Sunday, January 11, 2015

"Shut My Mouth" #316

Job 40:1-5 (NLT)
1 Then the Lord said to Job,
“Do you still want to argue with the Almighty?
    You are God’s critic, but do you have the answers?”
Then Job replied to the Lord,
“I am nothing—how could I ever find the answers?
    I will cover my mouth with my hand.
I have said too much already.
    I have nothing more to say.”

Ever been speechless? Ever had a discussion with someone who would argue with a fencepost. Ever question life? How about questioning God? Why did You cause this or allow it to happen? When are You going to fix things?

Who is responsible? Where were You when I needed You?
I am sure Job wondered where God was. God was silent. No response. Job’s so called friends tried to answer Job’s questions and give him advice. But God said nothing until chapter 38. And then He merely asked Job questions of which Job had no answer.

Job found that an argument with God was fruitless. To question God or to criticize God’s decisions led him to an empty end. Job realized that he himself did not have the answers.

Job’s conclusion was encompassed in the words, “I am nothing—how could I ever find the answers?” He really would not nor could not direct God. He put his hand over his mouth and announced he had already said too much. “I have nothing more to say.” God is in charge. He is Sovereign. Let Him reign. When you come to the conclusion that you know best, you have the answers, you can make the right decisions; rethink things. Only God is the One who can lead in the right direction. Just trust Him and His loving hand on you.


_________________________Today's personal note from Dennis

Greetings from Starbucks in beautiful Tempe, AZ

I pray that you have been blessed by the Lord this past week. I so often remind myself and you also that "God is Good." 

Sandy and I went on the camping trip with Grace Community Church to Roosevelt Lake. We left on Friday intending to return on Sunday after I spoke at the morning worship service. Thursday I had had a paracentesis with no problems. Three liters of  ascites were removed from the peritoneal cavity. Saturday morning I developed a large fluid-filled sack on my left side. I contacted the Doctor and he instructed me to immediately go the the ER; which I did. I got out of the hospital on Tuesday at noon after having another two liters of ascites removed. 

I am home now and doing well. There will be several follow-up visits with doctors to see what is taking place. I am always asking that you not stop praying. Please don't and thanks for your prayers now. 

I got out of the hospital in time to see Collin play soccer on Tuesday afternoon. He is the goalie. 

Johnny was able to pick his first pumpkin. It is almost as big as he is. Notice the strain on his face. He was working hard. 

The McClintock High School celebrated its 50th anniversary over the weekend. All three of my children and my son-in-law and daughter-in-law went to McClintock. Go Chargers!

Pray for Sandy and me as we prepare for speaking engagements. I will be speaking at the XYZ group at Grace Community Church on Thursday at noon. Sandy continues her Young Mom's Bible Study. We will be leading a Sunday School Class at City of Grace Church in Mesa on November 2nd. I will be preaching in the Intersect Service at First Baptist Church of Tempe on November 30th, December 28th and January 4th. The Quartzsite Revival is January 15-24th of 2015. Sandy and I will both be teaching at that event. 

I pray God will bring blessings as you walk with Him. Always remember that He is in the lead.  ~ DGW

No comments:

Post a Comment