Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Thanksgiving Doorway #277

Psalm 100:4 Enter His gates with thanksgiving And His courts with praise Give thanks to Him, bless His name. (NAS)

1 Thessalonians 5:18 Be thankful in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you who belong to Christ Jesus. (NLT)

Psalm 92:2 "It is good to give thanks to the LORD, and to sing praises to Your name, O Most High; To declare Your lovingkindness in the morning, and Your faithfulness every night," (NKJV)

Daniel 6:10, “Now when Daniel knew that the writing was signed, he went home. And in his upper room, with his windows open toward Jerusalem, he knelt down on his knees three times that day, and prayed and gave thanks before his God, as was his custom since early days.” (NKJV)

Throughout the Bible you are encouraged to give thanks to God. The thanksgiving is not just for the good things that come your way, but everything. You are even to enter into God’s presence, his gates and courts, with a thankful heart. Daniel found that he was condemned by his action of praying to God and yet he still went to God in prayer three times a day. His prayer was a prayer of thanksgiving.

Being thankful shows you understand that God is good. No matter what is happening in your life God is there for you. He responds to your praise and thankfulness.

Psalms 107:1 Give thanks to the LORD, for he is good! His faithful love endures forever.
 

“We pray for the big things and forget to give thanks for the ordinary, small (and yet really not small) gifts.” Dietrich Bonhoeffer

_____________________Today's personal note from Dennis

Greetings from home in beautiful Tempe AZ

I was not able to go to Starbucks the past few days because of a trip to the Emergency Room. Turned out I was not having a baby, just felt that way, but had a kidney stone. Not a pleasant experience. I am grateful that I don't have that  kind of pain all the time. I am staying home hoping this thing will pass. So far it is pain, take pain medication and then wait for the pain to return. Also I have drunk more water than I thought was possible. 

I do hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving. It is one of my favorite of all holidays. It just reminds me that God is Good and that I can be thankful in all things. The blessings of God are overwhelming. I thank God for all of you. It is my joy to send The Encourager to you each week. I am very thankful for my wife, and children, and my grandsons. I am very grateful that although I still have cancer in my liver I am doing very well. (except for the inconvenience of a kidney stone)

Sandy will be fixing the traditional Thanksgiving Dinner. Our family will be here at various times. They also have other families to celebrate with. We celebrate Justin's first birthday on Sunday evening. Looking forward to seeing him eat his own little cake. I will take pictures. Justin and Johnny have had more pictures taken of them than all the rest of my family put together. They actually had to put on a jacket this last week because of the rain and cooler weather. 

I missed preaching on Sunday due to the kidney stone. Hopefully I will be ok by Sunday to preach. I am scheduled to preach at First Baptist Church of Tempe for this next Sunday, December 1st. Appreciate your prayers. 

I have labs done on Monday and then see the oncologist on December 13th when I will find out the results. Again I appreciate your prayers. 

I am thankful. Are you? I sure hope so. God is good and is always sending us His love, grace and mercy. He watches over us and cares for our every need. 

Blessings to all of you on this Thanksgiving week.  ~ DGW

No comments:

Post a Comment