Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Dead is Good! #180

Romans 4:19-21
19 And without becoming weak in faith he contemplated his own body, now as good as dead since he was about a hundred years old, and the deadness of Sarah's womb;
20 yet with respect to the promise of God, he did not waver in unbelief, but grew strong in faith, giving glory to God,
21 and being fully assured that what He had promised, He was able also to perform. (NAS)

Faith almost always is tested. Has your faith been tested? Can you imagine how Abraham must have felt after moving from Ur to the land of Canaan, have a promise of a child and then a promise to be the father of many nations and then have no child and your wife is ninety years old and you are one hundred. Now that is a real test of faith. It could also be called the 'death of a vision'. Let me assure you that if God is in something then the death will occur in order for God to get the glory. He likes to do the miraculous in order to bring glory to Himself.

It is then that you need to learn to face whatever comes your way, but do not lose sight of the promise that God gave you. Abraham even though faced with the impossible did not become weak in his faith. He did not give up. He did not waver in unbelief, but instead grew stronger which gave God all the glory.

You don't have to hide the facts of a situation from your faith. Admit the impossibility. Recognize the ultimate solution is God. True faith grows stronger when confronted with the impossibilities. Presumption gives up and gives in to it. Don't allow facts to intimidate your faith or you will not believe.

Jesus said, "All things are possible to him who believes." (Matthew 9:23) Your true faith is not in what you se but in a God who is faithful to fulfill his promises. His purpose for you is that you glorify Him. He does that through His faithfulness and your faith in Him.

______________Today's personal note from Dennis

Greetings from Starbucks in beautiful Tempe, AZ.

Hope this week has been a blessing in spite of what you what you may have experienced. Sometimes things are not as we always desire.

We have had the privilege of having Bob and Pat Moser in our home this week. We topped off the week by eating some of Pat's famous cinnamon rolls. What a treat. I feel sorry for those of you who have never had the joy of biting into one of those delicious treats.

Sandy has begun her Tuesday morning Bible Study. She is such a good teacher and enjoys sharing with women her knowledge and life experiences. We are grateful for our church allowing her the privilege of teaching.

Sunday morning January 15th I will be preaching at the First Southern Baptist Church of Phoenix. Sunday night I will preach at the First Baptist Church of Tempe. I so look forward to preaching God's word. I would really appreciate your prayers for my preparation and my presentation. I pray
that God will use me for His glory and that the message will be communicated with clarity. I know His word never returns void.

On Wednesday January 18th we head to Quartzsite for the annual Gem and Rock Show. Pray for us as we share devotionals with the Quartzsite Southern Baptist Church and the Campers on Mission Roadrunners. We will also be sharing our faith, praying for people needs and doing any ministry we can during the week to the people who come to the events.

Continue to pray for the potential mission trip to Uganda and Southern Sudan. Many things have to fall into place. Maybe the most important is my health. I will not know about the Doctors opinion until mid February. I will have tests at the end of January and first of February. Those tests will likely determine what God wants me to do. Ultimately I will trust God will lead one way or another and that I will know His will concerning this trip.

I pray God will bless your life with His presence, power, love and grace. He is so good. How grateful I am for His grace. When I recognize our unworthiness it overwhelms me that He still loves me. It is only by His grace, mercy and love that any of us life this abundant life. Praise the Name of the Lord.

Have a great week. God Bless. ~ DGW

No comments:

Post a Comment