Thursday, April 1, 2010

Faith Struggles #87

John 20:28-31
28 Thomas answered and said to Him, "My Lord and my God!"
29 Jesus said to him, "Because you have seen Me, have you believed? Blessed are they who did not see, and yet believed."
(NAS)

Doubting Thomas, as he was known is, may remind you of yourself. Doubting your own faith in Christ and His resurrection is not abnormal. There may be times when you feel like the man who said to Jesus, “I believe, help my unbelief.” Thomas remarked that unless he had proof he could not believe. When the hands and the side of Jesus were shown to Thomas he cried out, “My Lord and My God.”

You have not seen Jesus as Thomas did, yet you believe. Jesus declares you blessed because you believed without the proof of an actual body. Faith is based on the unseen. The scripture says, “We walk by faith and not by sight.” That is what makes it faith. You do not know what tomorrow will bring, because it is unseen.

As Thomas struggled with faith because he had not seen Jesus as the other disciples had seen Him a week earlier you too may be struggling with your faith. Remember if you see it and have absolute proof it requires no faith and “Without faith it is impossible to please God.” Hebrews 6:1.

As you celebrate Resurrection Sunday express your faith in Jesus. Although you have not seen Him or touched His hands or His side through faith say with Thomas, “My Lord and My God.”

I hope you find purpose for your life today as you grow in Christ. May God bless you as your spiritual life prospers in Jesus.

___________________________Today's personal note from Dennis

Greetings! What a great season of the year as we celebrate the Resurrection of our Lord Jesus. I hope you are planning to attend worship on Sunday at your church. God is so good and loves when we gather together to worship Him.

I will be teaching the Wednesday night worship at Crosspointe Church in Tempe on March 31. I am looking forward to being with Pastor Bob Dodridge and his congregation. If you know of a church looking for a guest speaker I would love to share the word with them. Sandy and I both love to teach the scriptures.


We will both be sharing at the Campers on Mission's meeting April 26-30 in Pine, AZ. Pray for our health and for God to us the teaching to glorify Himself.

Both of us are experiencing some good health right now. Pray for an uncoming proceedure that I will have. The need to change the biliary tube in my liver is coming soon. It is the tube that has brought most of my infections and landed me in the hospital. Pray that it goes well and that I have a quick recovery.

Sandy and I appreciate your prayers and your emails. Thanks for thinking of us. I think you remember the cell phone ringing in the middle of the funeral . It was 'caught on tape.' Watch the video by going to
https://webmail.east.cox.net/do/redirect?url=http%253A%252F%252Fwww.dgwhealthnews.blogspot.com%252F. Those of you who know me well will realize even with, cancer, hospitalizations and old age I have not changed.

I love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment