Friday, June 20, 2008

God's Gracious Hand #16

Ezra 7:28 “I felt encouraged because the gracious hand of the Lord my God was on me.” (NLT)

Even the great men of God needed encouragement. As I read this verse I was reminded how many times God has placed his hand on my life in order to encourage me. Ezra was encouraged by God’s Word. Ezra 7:8 “Ezra had determined to study and obey the law of the Lord and to teach those laws and regulations to the people.” (NLT)

Ezra’s encouragement came from God, but again as usual God used people. He was greeted by the king, given silver and gold in order to purchase animals to be used as an offering to God, and an exemption from paying taxes (now that would encourage anyone.) He was given the responsibility of ministry to the people of God. He was also honored by those in authority. What a great reason to be encouraged. Ezra merely counted his blessings and broke into praise.

Here is a great idea in order for you to receive encouragement today. Why not count your many blessings. Praise God for His love, His Son and His salvation. Praise Him for your family and friends, your job, your position in Christ. Praise God because no matter what is going on in your life, your family, your church or you job God in control. THE GRACIOUS HAND OF THE LORD YOUR GOD IS ON YOU!!!

I hope you find purpose for your life today as you grow in Christ. May God bless you as your spiritual life prospers in Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment