Monday, August 11, 2014

Why Exult The Lord? #306

Habakkuk 3:17 Though the fig tree should not blossom, 
And there be no fruit on the vines,
 Though the yield of the olive should fail, 
And the fields produce no food,
Though the flock should be cut off from the fold, 
And there be no cattle in the stalls,
18 Yet I will exult in the Lord 
I will rejoice in the God of my salvation.

Over forty years ago a friend wrote those two verses on a small piece of paper. I have carried it in my wallet. Every so often I read it and remind myself that the reason for exulting is the Lord Himself and my joy is in the God of my salvation.

___________________Today's personal note from Dennis 

The past seven weeks have been a time for me to exult and rejoice in the Lord. My physical situation is still not good. I still struggle with pain, seven surgical procedures, weight loss and weakness. Your prayers, cards, phone calls, visits and emails have been an encouragement to me. Thanks so much.

I love all of you and appreciate your love.  ~ DGW


No comments:

Post a Comment