Wednesday, March 19, 2014

You Cannot Lose! #291


Colossians 3:4 “And when Christ, who is your life, is revealed to the whole world, you will share in all his glory.” (NLT)
Philippians 1:21 “For to me, to live is Christ and to die is gain.”
Galatians 2:20 “I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I now live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.”

No doubt you have heard someone say, “We need to be living for Jesus.” Let’s look at what the Bible says about living. To live a Godly life apart from Christ is impossible. You really can’t live for Christ. Christ lives for you.

The sinful nature that you were born with led you to follow with a choice of sinning. You were condemned for your sin by a Holy God. His standard of living not only was based upon the commandments, but on “Be holy as I am holy.” Both are impossible for you or anyone else to accomplish. So what do you do to live?

The apostle Paul in his writings to the Colossians, Philippians, Galatians said it well. He came to understand through God’s revelation that the impossible was possible with Jesus Christ living His life in and through him. He said it: “FOR TO ME” to live is Christ. “Christ who is your life.” He did not say to live for Christ, but to allow Christ to live in you. The real life of a Christian is not the effort or energy or trying that is attempted by human means. The Christian life is one in which Christ lives in you. He is your source of life.

The only way possible to allow Christ to live in you is to accept your crucifixion with and in Him when He was crucified and to receive His resurrected life in you. One of Paul’s favorite terms was, “IN CHRIST.”  Your life is lived by faith in the Christ who lives in you. That life is lived by FAITH.

The Bible not only says that to live is Christ, but to die is gain. When you are IN CHRIST, you cannot lose. Living is Christ and dying is gain. Eternal life is the Christ life. It is the joy of knowing that you can’t, but He already has. He lives in you and you are living in victory. Why not surrender to the Christ who lives in you to live your life for you instead of you living for Christ.

___________________Today's personal note from Dennis

Greetings from Starbucks in beautiful Tempe, AZ

Sorry I was unable to write The Encourager last week, but I spent another week in the hospital. The same issues: pain, fever and cholangitis (infection in the bile ducts of the liver. I am doing well now. Thanks for your continuous prayers. I missed preaching at Northpointe Church on Sunday. If the Lord is willing I will be preaching at the Grace Community Church's camping trip this week end. I will be back preaching the Intersect Service in the LOFT at First Baptist Church of Tempe the 30th. Really looking forward to both. 

Burke and Bennett are on Spring Break trips. Bennett is in Europe and Burke is in Boston. They are having a great time. They both had band concerts two weeks ago. I recently looked at a lot of our photos and realized how few of them I was in. That was due to the fact that I was the photographer. So here I am with both boys. 

Collin starts this week with the Tempe Youth Wind Symphony. He is doing well with his trumpet. His concert is April 1st at 7:30PM at the Tempe Center for the Arts in downtown Tempe. Join us. Collin had Spring Break while I was in the hospital. Sandy and I had planned a short trip to the Biosphere 2 near Tucson. I got out of the hospital and decided I felt well enough to go. We had a great time. Check out the Biosphere 2 on the web. Very incredible place. 

We celebrated Johnny's third birthday two weeks ago. He started with a  Bunny Rabbit Piñata. He beat on it with the ball bat with no luck. Big cousin Burke helped him and the candy flew out. He had not only Sandy and I as grandparents present, but also his Great Grandpa John Koleszar I and Grandpa John Koleszar 2, and his Great Grand Mother Ann Koleszar. His Uncle Roger and Aunt Jennifer, Aunt Susan, Great Aunt Irma, cousins Bennett, Burke and Collin, and His little Brov Justin along with friends shared in the festivities. Of course Mom and Dad, Mandy and John were beaming with joy over him. Justin liked the ball bat. 

Sandy has 17 Young Moms in her Bible study. She is so thrilled with their spiritual growth and their interest in the study. She is teaching the Book of Esther every Tuesday morning. 

Thanks so much for your prayers during this past 6 weeks. Spending a total of 13 days in the hospital and struggling with pain and fever has not been fun, but I know you were praying. God is Good!!

             



Blessings to you, your family, and your church. May God shower his grace on you. 
I have become more aware of the Apostle Paul's words, "For me to live is Christ and to die is gain." 

DGW

No comments:

Post a Comment