Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Hope of Glory #288

Colossians 1:27: which is Christ in you, the hope of glory.
Galatians 2:20 I have been crucified with Christ; and it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself up for me.

One of the most amazing truths in all of scripture is that Christ lives in the one who believes in Him as Lord, Savior and Life. The victory, joy, hope, peace and love you experience as a believer is because of the indwelling Christ. The hope you have of heaven and eternal life is a result of Christ living in you. When you come to faith in Jesus through your death with Him on the cross you no longer live, but He lives in you. You live your life because He is in you.

The fifth chapter of the Book of Romans tells us: 5:10 For if while we were enemies we were reconciled to God through the death of His Son, much more, having been reconciled, we shall be saved by His life.” He saves you by His life by dwelling in you and living His life out through you.  The Christian life is His life lived through you. That is only possible because He is in you.

You were saved from sin and forgiven by His death and the blood He shed on the cross, but you are saved by His life dwelling in you. The victory of life is you allowing the indwelling Christ to live His life out through you. The Christian life is truly an inside-out life.

The blessings you receive are a result of Him and not you. Your hope of glory, both now and in eternity is a result of Him and not you. How easy it is to think you can accomplish that which only God can achieve. His power, His grace, His mercy, His authority and His love is not within your ability to fulfill. Only Christ in you is your real hope.

That hope is far beyond anything you can even imagine. It is a life of faith in the Christ who lives in you. You can try and try, but only as you die to your own strength and abilities can you find that it is Christ in you who is the only real hope of glory.

Yield your life to Him right now and find His presence in you.

___________________________Today's personal note from Dennis

Greetings from MY HOME in beautiful Tempe, AZ

So glad to be home from the hospital and slowly recuperating. Sandy and I both so appreciate your prayers. The past two weeks have been very difficult. Thought for sure that I was going to meet Jesus face to face this time. God decided to save me once again so that He will get glory. So many of you have sent emails, cards, phone calls, texts and especially your prayers, that I have been overwhelmed. The emails I receive I normally respond to, but so many and also because of not feeling well enough has caused me to just delete them after I read them. Hopefully I will be able to answer all of them this week. 

Many of you have asked about the status of my actual health. Currently the half of my liver that is still alive is again working fairly well. I still am only able to eat very little and also few things means I am loosing weight. I am weak and sleep a great deal of the time. I meet with Doctors over the next couple of weeks to do follow up. What is next is still unknown at this time. The problem that I have just faced is a blocked bile duct. It was blocked with cancer, bile and infection. I still have the blood clot in the juggler vein. 

I really ask that you continue your prayers. 

My family have been so supportive during this time. All of you have been a great encouragement. The doctors and nurses have been terrific. My church family have been there for me and Sandy. I AM BLESSED!!  ~ DGW 

No comments:

Post a Comment