Friday, July 26, 2013

Who Do You Trust? #259


Psalm 37:5 Commit your way to the LORD; trust in him and he will do this: (NIV)
Nahum 1:7 The Lord is good,
 a strong refuge when trouble comes.
He is close to those who trust in him. (NIV)
Psalm 56:3-4 When I am afraid, I will put my trust in You. In God, whose word I praise, In God I have put my trust ; I shall not be afraid. What can mere man do to me? (NAS)


Job 13:15 Though he slay me, yet will I trust in him:  

Someone said, “I have great faith in God, but sometimes I have difficulty TRUSTING HIM.” How about you? Are you able to say that you have faith in God? You would agree that your faith is real, but sometimes it is hard to trust God for everyday things. Maybe you find it hard to TRUST God for your finances, your family, your job, your church, your personal well-being. It is not unusual. Although the two words: faith and trust are different in the original languages of the Bible they are very similar in meaning. Yet for you they may mean something a little different.

Trust as defined by Webster is: (1) : a charge or duty imposed in faith or confidence or as a condition of some relationship (2) : something committed or entrusted to one to be used or cared for in the interest of another.

Your relationship with God is based on trusting Him with your very life; your total being, and everything related to you.
You may have had a time in your life when trusting anyone or anything was really hard. Maybe you experienced someone close to you who let you down, turned on you, or betrayed you. That experience has caused you not only to distrust people, but also God.
The only alternative to trusting God is to trust in yourself. That means you can determine for yourself what you believe can be trustworthy and then place your trust in your predetermined set of criteria for trusting anyone or anything. It is not the best idea.
God is always worthy of your trust. Why not today make a commitment to trust Him?      
_______________Today's personal note from Dennis
Greetings from Starbucks in beautiful Tempe, AZ

Sandy and I hit the ground running after our vacation. We have spent a lot of time with the grandsons (all five of them). This week I went fishing with the three oldest (Bennett, Burke, and Collin). We abandoned ship (small 14 foot boat) because of bad thunderstorms on the Mogollon Rim. It was 68 degrees when we left and 104 when we arrived in Tempe. 

The two little ones are growing so fast. Not bad for two boys who were born premature. They are doing just wonderful. 

Sandy has started preparation for her Fall Bible Study. She is teaching the Book of Ruth on Tuesday mornings at First Baptist Church of Tempe. Pray for her preparation and her presentation. The Women's Bible Studies are called, "Reflections." The study begins on September the 10th. She is also scheduled to speak at the First Christian Church in  Globe, AZ on August 18th during the morning worship services.

I will be preaching at the Northpointe Baptist Church in Chandler on July 28th. I was there this past Sunday and enjoyed so much being with that church. Please pray for them as they seek a Senior Pastor. 

The travel trailer that was damaged on our way home is currently in the shop. The first stage is getting an estimate for the insurance company. It will be interesting to see what happens next. 

Sandy and I are still talking about our fabulous vacation. The absolute enjoyment of seeing family and friends still is overwhelming. Again I want to thank everyone for their hospitality and love shown to us. (Catching a few fish didn't hurt anything either.)

I am praying for you. If you have specific prayer requests please send them to me. 

God bless you this week with an awareness of His intimacy.   ~ DGW


No comments:

Post a Comment