Thursday, August 25, 2011

Argue with God? #160

Job 40:1-5

1 Then the Lord said to Job, 2 “Do you still want to argue with the Almighty?
You are God’s critic, but do you have the answers?” 3 Then Job replied to the Lord, 4 “I am nothing—how could I ever find the answers? I will cover my mouth with my hand.
 5 I have said too much already. I have nothing more to say.” (NLT)

Life is filled with ups and downs. You may feel that life is unfair when the down times come your way. At that point it is normal to question life, and even question God. You may have had an argument with God during which you ask, “Why has this happened to me or to someone I love.” Job had lost family, his business, his health and found himself questioning the goodness of God.

After spending all of chapters 38 and 39 asking Job questions of which Job had no answer God then turns to ask Job THE QUESTION. “Do you still want to argue with God?” “Do you have the answers?” Of course by this time Job has learned that he was not God and did not have the answers.

Job had concluded that he was nothing and not only did not know the answers, but could never find the answers. He put his hand over his mouth and told God he had nothing more to say.

Job came to understand that God is Sovereign and is in charge of all things. As Job understood God and himself he realized he was not on an equal with God. He needed to accept that God was in charge of all things, including Job’s life.

Today you may be in the middle of some difficulty, strange circumstances, or uncharted territory. God is not in panic, nor is He surprised and He is in total control of the outcome. Trust His heart as well as His hand. He loves you and even though you may question His love in your own heart be assured He cares for you.

May He bless you with His understanding and everlasting love.

_____________Today's personal note from Dennis

Greetings from Starbucks,

What a great day to be alive!! God is on His throne. He loves you and cares for you. He is full of grace, love, mercy, forgiveness and He is holy. What a wonderful God we serve.

I do hope this has been a great week for you. I had the privilege last Sunday (August 21) of speaking at the wonderful Laveen Baptist Church. God truly blessed the services.
Pastor Jerry was on vacation and was gracious enough to allow me the opportunity to speak to his church.

August 21 was also a special day for our family. It was 23 years ago on the 21st of August 1988 that we began our ministry at Church on Mill in Tempe.

This coming Sunday night I will be preaching at First Baptist Church of Tempe at 6PM. I am looking forward to sharing God's word with that congregation.

Sandy and I will be leaving for San Diego on Monday for a week of celebration. Our 45th wedding anniversary is September 4th. We decided a week in San Diego would be a wonderful way to celebrate. Actually any place cooler than Tempe would be nice right now. I will be preaching on the 4th at the First Baptist Church of Clairemont in San Diego. Pastor Alan is me that privilege.

Thanks for your prayers for our family. We appreciate your kind thoughts and support.

May God bless you today with loving, caring relationships. ~ DGW

No comments:

Post a Comment